- Providing an electrical condition report is a test and inspection on the standards of a properties fixed electrical installation, it does not include portable appliances. In simple terms, it is like a MOT for your car and will identify any potential safety issue. An unsatisfactory outcome noted on a certificate means that there are safety issues that need addressing. Depending on the code allocated for the safety issue (which are explained on the certificate) will indicate how urgent remedial works are required to be carried out.
- On some sites we attend, the client will provide a certificate from a previous electrical inspection with an unsatisfactory outcome. They assume having a certificate implies their electrical installation is safe and will meet the requirements of their insurance policy terms and condition of cover. We are drawing this to your attention to stress the importance of thoroughly going over the certificate when you receive it from us, noting all the comments made and action any remedial electrical works required. This will ensure you are able to protect the staff that work/live in the property and not run into any dispute with your insurance company if you ever need to make a claim.
- Before we start carrying out our tests, you will be responsible for turning off any power sensitive equipment that may be affected by the interruption of mains power. This may include alarms, computers etc.
- We are unable to test circuits above 3 Metres in height unless specifically identified in the schedule of works section of this quotation.
- We assume all circuits to be tested are identified and the description matches what it relates to, for example, 8 No. socket outlets serving kitchen. Should circuits not be identified, we are unable to test them without further investigation work, which is outside the scope of these works. Any circuit not identified will be noted on the electrical condition report.
- An agreed level of sampling will be employed in regard to the visual inspection of equipment and accessories and this will be agreed with the client and identified within the schedule of works section of our quotation. Should we find a considerable amount of electrical deviations with the sample visual inspection, it is recommended that this percentage is increased and possibly include the whole installation. This work would be subject to additional cost.
- If it is agreed with the client that sampling tests of the properties circuits will be carried out, the exact percentage amount will be identified within the schedule of works section of our quotation. Should we find a considerable amount of electrical deviations with the sample circuit testing, it is recommended that this percentage is increased and possibly include the whole installation. This work would be subject to additional cost.
- Fire alarms, emergency lighting and mechanical control wiring is excluded from the electrical condition report.
- Insulation resistance tests will only be carried out up to light switches.
- We are unable to inspect services installed within the fabric of the building, within conduits and trunkings and within ceiling voids.
- We assume we have unrestricted access to the site Monday – Friday, 8.0am – 4.30pm.
- We are unable to move heavy items of equipment or furniture.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to accept test results provided by others.